Radcliffe Square, named after Dr John Radcliffe (1650–1714), is dominated by the Radcliffe Camera, part of Oxford University’s ancient Bodleian Library, which forms the square’s north side. The Bodleian has extensive book storage facilities under Radcliffe Square, with space for over half a million volumes. On the western side of the square is Brasenose College; to the east is All Souls College. The square is bounded on the south side by the University Church of St Mary the Virgin.
Photograph: © Martin Anderson.